We are in Estonia, on the shore of Telise village, where stands two stone pyramid-shaped towers. They were built from local stone around 1910 and were used by seamen to orient their vessels to the shore. The lower marker stands around 7-meters and the upper is 12-meters high, while the distance between them is 416 metres.
Together, these structures form a direct route for navigation that was used by ships to safely dock at the nearby seaside resort town of Haapsalu. The towers were known as day markers because they could only be seen by ships in daylight.
Today, the towers have a significant cultural and historical value, as only a few similar day markers still exist in the Baltic Sea area today. Marker towers like these are now mostly obsolete, and have been replaced with modern equipment.
Unfortunately they have received some minor damages over the years and trees around the structures have become overgrown.
Interestingly in Estonia the Telise marker towers are the only such towers left remaining.