Teatro Guido, Inside the abandoned teather
This beautiful theater, now abandoned, was inaugurated in September 1895. Up until the beginning of the First World War it had the prestigious role of lyric theater. In the first period there were important operas such as the Faust (the opening day), Rigoletto, La Cavalleria Rusticana, the Barber of Seville, Boheme and Tosca. The theater is about nineteenth-century, although it was partly modified with the restoration of 1938, (when the theater was called “Teatro Guido”) and the main changes concern the Foyer, the scenic tower and the dressing rooms of the artists. In addition, the preliminary project took advantage of the collaboration of specialists and set designers who had also participated in the restoration of the Grand Theater La Fenice in Venice and at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan. Together the theatrical activity there was also the cinematographic activity starting from 1956, when the theater was restored again. It was closed definitively in 1982, and now it’s still abandoned.