Colonia Mater Dei-Cá Roman

There is a plaque on the wall, who tells in brief the history of the place: “This place until the 1923 was deserted and malarial. With twenty years of work, the Prof. Alberto Graziani, an hygienist of Padua, reclaimed and redeemed it transmitting the result of his fruitful work to the Sisters of Magdalene of Canossa. 1941” The Colonia “Mater Dei” is located in Pellestrina, one island of the Venice’s Lagoon, and can be reached by ferry from Chioggia or from the Lido of Venice. The island of Pellestina, until…

Read More